Request for Information
The United States Agency for Global Media (USAGM) is seeking information regarding to provide the following:
Short description of supply or service: The United States Agency for Global Media (USAGM) requires a strategic plan to create an online content catalogue and content delivery system for affiliate partners. The new system will leverage existing technologies where possible and integrate with future IT investments. The affiliate distribution system will support agency mission and goals by allowing USAGM’s global affiliates to search, select, and access live program feeds, download file-based video and audio content in a timely manner. The service required is system integration that will provide USAGM, using its current IP based distribution capabilities, news workflows, multiple media content standards and file formats and create an online distribution system.
Based on current demands and on international media forecasting, there is a need for global broadband technologies providing IP stream and file based delivery to USAGM affiliates. USAGM needs to stay current to business needs and available technologies for distribution and create a centralized programming source that is accessible based on our affiliate’s available technology and language requirements.
USAGM requires an experienced media system integrator that can provide a technical roadmap and recommendations to leverage the agency’s existing distribution systems where possible, provide a gap analysis and implementation strategy that will enhance distribution capabilities. The online IP distribution system will include a means for affiliates to search available live streams and file based content for their use. This will:
- Leverage a commercial off the shelf product, in use by customers
- Leverage new artificial intelligence and cognitive services, if possible
- Integrate with current systems: MAM, CRM, CMS, CDN, Cloud Storage
- Provide descriptive metadata in multiple languages including transcripts
- Identify available file formats
- Provide a centralized source for both internal and external content discovery
- Provide the opportunity for file-accelerated delivery with a choice of various broadcasting formats and bitrates, both NTSC and PAL.
- Allow transcoded file formats to be determined in the future by additional USAGM affiliate research.
- Media indexing
- Media analytics and dashboards
THIS IS A REQUEST FOR INFORMATION (RFI) ONLY. As permitted by FAR Part 10, this RFI is a market research tool being utilized for informational and planning purposes. Your responses will assist the Government in the development of its acquisition strategy for a possible Request for Proposal (RFP), to be issued at a later date, and in determining whether any type of small business set-aside is possible for this procurement or whether full and open competitive procedures should be utilized.
This notice shall not be construed as an RFP or as any commitment or obligation on the part of the Government to issue a solicitation. The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this request, so proposals will not be considered. No reimbursement will be made for any costs associated with providing information in response to this synopsis or any follow-up information requests.
Response is strictly voluntary – it is not mandatory to submit a response to this notice to participate in any formal RFP process that may take place in the future. However, it should be noted that information gathered through this notice may significantly influence our acquisition strategy. All interested parties will be required to respond separately to any solicitations posted as a result of this sources sought notice.
In the event a solicitation is released, it will be synopsized on the BETA.SAM.gov website. It is the responsibility of potential offerors to monitor the BETA.SAM.gov website for additional information pertaining to this RFI.
USAGM primary affiliate focus is on language service based content distributed to areas that currently have the most affiliates. These languages include English, Spanish, French, Indonesian, Russian and Ukrainian. Combined the associated language news services produce weekly 90+ hours of TV/Video content and 180+ hours of Radio/Audio content in the form of full length programs and packages.
All responses to this RFI shall be submitted via email by 2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 24 February 2020 emailed to Ms. Seneca Belinfontie at firstname.lastname@example.org and Mr. David Wallace at email@example.com. Proprietary information, if any, should be minimized and MUST BE CLEARLY MARKED. To aid the USAGM, please segregate proprietary information. Please be advised that all submissions become Government property and will not be returned. NO telephone or oral responses will be accepted.
Interested parties are requested to provide the following information:
- Capabilities Statement (not to exceed 5 pages)
- Company Background information to include executive summary (not to exceed 5 pages)
- Current System for Award Management (SAM) entity profile to include their applicable NAICS, and their size designation/status.
- Any information regarding current or former projects similar in scope to the online content catalogue and content delivery system for affiliate partners requested by the USAGM (not to exceed 10 pages). See information provided above (and in the attached draft SOW) for additional information regarding this system.
- Any additional information that you may elect to provide to assist the Government in developing a requirements package for an online content catalogue and content delivery system for affiliate partners (no page limitation).
If it is determined to be in the best interest of the Government, interested and qualified sources responding to this RFI Notice may be requested to provide follow-up information. A determination to compete, or not to compete, a future procurement will be based on the responses to this RFI notice, and is solely within the discretion of the Government.